DATE: June 25, 2012
TO: Upper Delaware Towns and Townships and County Governments
FROM: David B. Soete, Senior Resource Specialist of the UDC
OF FY 2013 TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE GRANTS
The Upper Delaware Council (UDC) is pleased to announce that it will make planning or study funds available to member towns and townships and county governments for projects related to the implementation of the River Management Plan for the Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River for the twenty-fourth year. To date, the UDC has awarded $687,492 in grants under this program. The total pool of grant money budgeted for fiscal year 2013 is $30,000. Funding is limited and will be awarded competitively.
Applicants will have a 10-month period to complete their projects and request payment, with no time extensions allowed, so that all projects are finished within the 2013 fiscal year (October 1, 2012 to September 30, 2013).
Following the submission of all applications by the August 31, 2012 deadline, a special meeting of the UDC’s Project Review Committee will be convened on Tuesday, September 11, at 6:30 p.m. at the Council’s office in Narrowsburg to meet with the applicants and review their proposals.
Announcement of grant awards is expected at the Thursday, October 4, 2012 monthly UDC meeting to be held at 7:00 p.m. at the UDC office.
Mid-term progress reports to the UDC by successful grantees will be due by February 28, 2013.
The deadline for municipalities to complete their projects and submit their documentation for reimbursement will be July 26, 2013. Again, NO EXTENSIONS WILL BE GRANTED!
The River Management Plan provides authorization for the Upper Delaware Council to provide technical, planning, and financial assistance to participating governments for projects related to implementation of the Plan. Funding in general is limited to the following:
1. Planning funds to prepare or upgrade a zoning ordinance or other relevant law, plan, or ordinance (i.e. floodplain, wetland, comprehensive plan, subdivision).
2. Funding to publish such an ordinance.
3. Funding to address a problem identified in the Plan for resolution.
4. The preparation of educational materials and guides that assist in implementation of the Plan.
A list of all Past TAG Projects by municipality is posted on the UDC’s website at http://upperdelawarecouncil.org/tag/pasttagprojects.php.
There are certain limitations on the use of these funds:
1. Funding is limited to town/townships participating in the Upper Delaware Council and their respective county governments.
2. Funding is for planning projects, and not for such activities as land acquisition, construction, or other “bricks and mortar” capital improvement projects.
3. Funding is for projects related to the implementation of the Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River Management Plan. The Plan can be found on-line at http://www.nps.gov/upde/parkmgmt/planning.htm
4. The town or township or county government body must approve the contract for the grant.
5. The term of the grant contract is for ten (10) months. A mid-term progress report is required. No extensions of the contract deadline will be granted.
6. Be aware that payments of grant funds will be disbursed only after the completion of the work as specified in each individual grant contract and approved by the Project Review Committee.
Please review the UDC "Technical Assistance Grant and Contract Criteria" guidelines for a detailed explanation of the qualifications and restrictions, purposes, and procedures.
A “2013 TAG Application Form” is available on the UDC website, or can be mailed to you upon request. Applications must be received by the Upper Delaware Council staff by 4:30pm, Friday, August 31, 2012. All applications must be submitted on the form with additional information attached as indicated on the form.
A list of Past TAG Projects by municipality is posted on the UDC’s website.
The UDC's Project Review Committee will review all applications at a special meeting scheduled for Tuesday, September 11, 2012. We require that applicants send a representative to this meeting to answer any questions pertaining to their grant application. Please let us know in advance who will be attending the special Project Review Committee meeting on your behalf.
The Council intends to make final decisions regarding these applications at its meeting on October 4, 2012. Please call our office at (845) 252-3022 with any questions.
Did you know?
Since 1988, the Upper Delaware Council has awarded a cumulative
$687,492 to member municipalities through its Technical
Assistance Grant program to carry out 201 projects related to implementation
of the River Management Plan for the Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational