Beach Lake, PA – The Upper Delaware S&RR and the Zane Grey’s West Society will host the 14th Annual Zane Grey Festival. The free festival will be held on the grounds of the Zane Grey Museum in Lackawaxen, Pennsylvania from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Saturday, July 14th, 2018.
The Zane Grey Festival is geared towards fun for the entire family with many activities and events for children and adults throughout the day including:
- Bill Streeter of the Delaware Valley Raptor Center with a live birds of prey show at 11:00 a.m.
- The Brook Valley Farm will be offering horse drawn wagon rides from 11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Upper Delaware Puppeteers present our “Who is Zane Grey?” at 12:30 p.m.
- Guided bird walk around Dolly’s Garden Path at 1:00 p.m.
- Local musician Dan Engvaldsen will be performing folk music from 1:15 – 2:30 p.m.
- Park Ranger Paddy McCarthy will present a program on the Wild & Scenic Rivers System at 2:45 p.m.
Ongoing throughout the day staff from Steamtown National Historic Site will demonstrate the “Ring of Fire”. The Pennsylvania Wood Mobile will provide an interactive exhibit on the states forest resources and forest products industry.
There will be plenty of craft activities available for children of all ages, a children’s scavenger hunt, face painting, and more!
Zane Grey’s legacy of literature and sportsmanship lives on in Lackawaxen! Come join the fun and learn more about the Western novelist from Lackawaxen. The Lackawaxen Fire Company will serve hamburgers & hotdogs and the Honesdale National Bank will be serving hot popcorn and ice cold water all day. For more information call (570) 685-4871 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the National Park Service: More than 20,000 National Park Service employees care for 417 of America’s national parks and work with communities across the nation to help preserve local history and create close-to-home recreational opportunities. Learn more at www.nps.gov.