Bid Specifications Packet:
Printing of “The Upper Delaware” Newsletter Calendar Year 2019 Contract
The Upper Delaware Council, Inc., a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization, seeks qualified vendors to print and mail our newsletter, “The Upper Delaware”, by providing full composition services to our specifications. The terms and conditions are included in this packet. Three issues will be published on April 1, August 5, and December 2, 2019. Camera-ready copy is provided utilizing Quark Xpress Version 9.3 software.
The deadline to respond to this Request for Proposals is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 1, 2019. The contract will be awarded at the March 7, 2019 monthly meeting of the Upper Delaware Council (UDC), 7:00 p.m. at 211 Bridge St. in Narrowsburg.
Please read through this packet carefully and fill in all of the provided information blanks. On the outside of your sealed envelope, reference, “2019 UDC Newsletter Bid”.
Mail or deliver the completed bid proposal forms to:
Laurie Ramie, Newsletter Editor
Upper Delaware Council, Inc.
P.O. Box 192
211 Bridge St.
Narrowsburg, N.Y. 12764-0192
Please direct any questions to email@example.com or (845) 252-3022. Thank you for your interest.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
1. REQUEST NO.: RP-UDC-1901
2. DATE PREPARED: February 14, 2019
3. ISSUED BY: Upper Delaware Council, Inc. (UDC)
P.O. Box 192
211 Bridge Street
Narrowsburg, N.Y. 12764-0192
4. INFORMATION CONTACT: Laurie Ramie, Newsletter Editor
(845) 252-3022, M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. or firstname.lastname@example.org
5. DEADLINE TO SUBMIT BIDS: Friday, March 1, 2019, by 5 p.m.
6. CONTRACT TO BE AWARDED: Thursday, March 7, 2019
7. PROPOSAL: Printing, labeling, and mailing delivery services for the Upper Delaware Council’s newsletter, “The Upper Delaware”, in accordance with the attached scope of work/specifications. An award will be made on a firm fixed price basis. All prices entered by the proposer on the following page shall represent a firm-fixed price.
8. SUBMISSI0N INSTRUCTIONS: Complete all forms as requested and deliver as one signed, sealed, and dated package to: Upper Delaware Council, P.O. Box 192, 211 Bridge Street, Narrowsburg, New York 12764-0192. Reference “2019 UDC Newsletter Bid” on the envelope and provide to the attention of Laurie Ramie.
9. VENDOR’S NAME AND COMPLETE ADDRESS:
Note: This is a request for information, and proposals furnished are not offers. This request does not commit the Upper Delaware Council to pay any costs incurred in the preparation of this proposal or to contract for supplies or services. Supplies are of domestic origin unless otherwise indicated by the proposer. Any representations and/or certifications made a part of this Request for Proposals (RFP) must be completed by the proposer.
10. PROPOSAL/SPECIFICATIONS/WORK STATEMENT:
a) ITEM: 1. Spring 2019 (Volume 32, #1) – Due to Printer: March 13, 2019; Publication Date: April 1, 2019; 2. Summer 2019 (Volume 32, #2) – Due to Printer: July 17, 2019; Publication Date: August 5, 2019; 3. Fall/Winter 2019 (Volume 32, #3) – Due to Printer November 20, 2019; Publication Date: December 2, 2019.
Quantity: 10,000 (+/- 10%) copies
Pages: Twelve (12) per issue
Stock: Minimum 50# Offset bright white or equivalent recycled paper
Ink: Two-color format (currently reflex blue and black)
Bindery: Glue or saddle-stitch at spine, half-fold to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 letter size with wafer seal
c) COPY DELIVERY: UDC will furnish vendor with print-ready document created with Quark Xpress Version 9.3 desktop publishing software and digital photographs, shipped on a CD or electronically. Vendor must provide a composite blueline proof to UDC for approval before printing.
d) LABELING/MAILING: UDC will furnish an updated Microsoft Access database electronically to vendor (or vendor’s mailing services subcontractor) for the CASS certification and labeling of newsletters. Vendor is responsible for pre-sorting, bagging, and delivering all mail pieces to the Callicoon, NY 12723 U.S. Post Office in full compliance with postal regulations for maximum postal discount. Mailing will be under Upper Delaware Council’s bulk rate indicia. Postage account reimbursement will be handled by UDC. Vendor must provide/deliver all surplus copies of each issue to the UDC office in Narrowsburg. (Note: The UDC welcomes recommendations for any reformatting options that would minimize the impact of Postal Service bulk mailing rates.)
e) LEAD TIME: The UDC will produce the newsletter and turn over the updated mail program database to the printer with approximately two weeks (14 business days) of lead time.
11. QUOTE SCHEDULE:
Proposal to print, label, deliver, and mail the UDC newsletter as per the specs outlined above:
Amount Per Issue: _____________________________
Time Table (if contrary to the schedule provided, specify how many days prior to the mail date you would need to receive the mechanicals, taking into account the time required for the labeling/sorting process): ____________________________________________________________
12. EVALUATION FACTORS: This proposal shall be awarded based upon lump sum total to that bidder providing the most advantageous quote, price, and other factors considered. The UDC reserves the right to waive all informalities, to reject any and all bids, and to award a contract that is deemed to be in the best interests of the Council.
13. PROPOSER INFORMATION:
Street Address: ___________________________________________________________
City, State, Zip Code: ______________________________________________________
Social Security # or Employer Identification # (EIN):
Federal Taxpayer Identification Number (required by the IRS to report income and returns):
Not a corporate entity
(_) Common Parent (a corporate entity that owns or controls an affiliate group of corporations that files its federal income tax returns on a consolidated basis, and of which the offerer is a member)
Signature of Person Authorized to Sign Proposal:
Name and Title (type or print):
Date of Proposal:
14. INSPECTION AND ACCEPTANCE:
a) Proposer agrees to incorporate all terms, conditions, provisions and requirements included in this Request for Proposals, as may otherwise be negotiated.
b) The Upper Delaware Council (UDC) Executive Director, also known as the Newsletter Editor, shall be empowered to inspect and evaluate all work of the vendor to determine compliance with the terms of the contract.
c) Acceptance of this contract will occur by approval of a resolution of the Upper Delaware Council. Any changes to the term of this contract shall be made in writing only by the Executive Director of the UDC.
15. DELIVERY OF PERFORMANCE:
a) All services will be performed in compliance with the newsletter mailing dates specified herein. As a delivery deadline incentive, the UDC may elect to deduct 5% for every business day past the specified deadline that the newsletter is late.
b) The Upper Delaware Council may elect to extend the term of the contract for up to a five-year period without re-advertising a Request for Proposals if satisfied with the vendor’s performance. The period shall be set so as to provide the contractor adequate lead time to ensure continuous production. The period may extend beyond the contract completion date when exercise of the option would result in the obligation of funds that are not available in the fiscal year in which the contract would otherwise be completed.
c) The Upper Delaware Council reserves the right to terminate this contract due to inadequate performance or delivery of services, only after prior written approval to the vendor and the exhaustion of all reasonable avenues of redress. Unsatisfactory performance includes, but is not limited to, unreasonable delays which detrimentally affect the production schedule, making changes to the newsletter copy or design without authorization granted by the Newsletter Editor, and failure to deliver the product as specified in the contract.
16. CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION:
a) Payment for services will be made upon submission of the vendor’s invoice after each edition of the newsletter is delivered to the post office, and the work is accepted by the Newsletter Editor. A check will be issued by the Upper Delaware Council within 30 days of receiving the invoice.
b) The Upper Delaware Council, Inc. is a registered 501(c)(3) organization. A tax-exempt certification form will be provided upon request.
17. EXPLANATION TO PROSPECTIVE PROPOSERS: Any prospective proposer desiring an explanation or interpretation of the solicitation, specifications, etc., must request it in writing soon enough to allow a reply to reach all prospective proposers before the submission of their offers. Oral explanations or instructions given before the award of the contract will not be binding. Any information given to a prospective proposer concerning a solicitation will be furnished promptly to all other prospective proposers as an amendment of the solicitation, if that information is necessary in submitting offers or if the lack of it would be prejudicial to any other prospective proposers.